Learn The Essential
Ideas, Techniques, Licks And Solos To Become A Killer Country Guitar Player
Discover my step-by-step online course to give you the "nuts and bolts" of learning country "chicken pickin' " guitar-without any complicated music theory and in just a few minutes per week
Hi, I'm Aaron Jaxon. A guitarist, recording artist and online guitar instructor who helps guitar players develop their country and bluegrass guitar playing skills
Tell me if this sounds familiar......
You've been playing guitar for a few years. Maybe a few decades even.
And your pretty damn good too.
But You've Always Wanted To Get Into Country "Chicken Picking" Guitar.
You've maybe heard someone like Brad Paisley, Vince Gill, Brent Mason, or Johnny Hiland and thought "gosh I'd love to be able to play like that."
The twang, the pick and finger technique, the double stops and pedal steel guitar influence really spoke to you. You feel like you would have really arrived if you could pick like those great players.
So you jumped in and started trying to learn this style.
Maybe you looked up some YouTube videos to try and get started. You keep hearing about "Double Stops" and "Hybrid Picking"
It feels disjointed when your playing this stuff. Your having trouble putting it all together to make it sound like really killer country guitar.
You don't feel like your fluent in the language of this style of playing.
Trust me.......I've been there
When I first started playing this style: I didn't even know where to start. I knew that string bends, double stops and hybrid picking (playing with a pick and finger combination) were essential but I didn't know what ideas to learn to get this style down.
I was 16 years old and living in my hometown of Quitman TX. I had gotten serious about playing guitar. I was into Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Johnson and Eddie Van Halen. I'd practice my scales between 4-6 hours per day. And yeah.....I had a bit of an ego.
Then one day, I was working on a construction site during the summer between my junior and senior year of high school and the song "Summertime Blues" by Alan Jackson came on the radio that the plumber kept on all day.
I thought, "yeah I could totally play this song. No problem."
But Then I Heard The Guitar Solo On That Song (played by Brent Mason)
I was blown away. A bit depressed actually. Because here was the thing: In all that time I had spent practicing:
I Had NO IDEA What He Was Playing.
Like not even a clue.
But I HAD to figure it out.
Mind you: this was the early 2000s.
There Was No YouTube, Instagram or Online Courses To Purchase To Learn This Stuff.
Fortunately for you, I've condensed the past 20 years of learning, playing and teaching this style into an easy to follow online course and that's why I'm here with you today.
A step by step online course to help you learn the essential ideas, licks, techniques and solos to become a killer country guitar player
Country Guitar Essentials takes you by the hand and makes advanced country guitar concepts accessible through a simple 3 step process
You watch the main lesson showing you a single tune, solo, lick or concept
Reference the downloadable and printable tabs to make sure you've got the ideas down pat
Start practicing right away to implement the new material into your playing
Rinse and repeat for 40+ lessons
... and suddenly, without realizing it, you are playing stuff that only skilled "chicken pickin' " guitarists know (advanced country licks, solos, techniques etc) With a level of chops and technique you never thought possible....now made super accessible to you, even if you're not an advanced player yet!
What You'll Get Inside This Course
- Access to over 40 video lessons with 7 hours of content featuring my best country guitar instructional material
- Lesson videos shot in HD with close-ups of my left and right hands so you'll know exactly what I'm doing the whole time
- TABS in PDF form for ALL the course lessons so you don't miss a single note in the entire course
- The ability to slow down lesson videos and go through them at your own pace
- Ability to download all lesson videos and access them on your computer, phone or tablet online or offline
- How to play essential double stop sequences that advanced country players use over and over again.
- How to play and develop pick and finger "hybrid picking" technique.
- How to play double stops with bends to give your playing that classic killer country guitar sound.
- Essential ideas from country guitar legends like Albert Lee, Brad Paisley and Danny Gatton.
- How to play and use "pre-bends" to give your playing that classic pedal steel guitar sound
- How to mix and combine Major and Minor pentatonic/blues scales to give your lead lines an authentic country feel
- 15 note for note lesson breakdowns of some of the best country guitar solos ever recorded from players like Brent Mason, Vince Gill, Johnny Hiland, Ray Flacke, John Jorgensen and many others
- How to "steal" ideas from the solos you will learn and move them around to incorporate them into your own playing
- How to play chicken picking' rhythm guitar.
- How to combine influences from the various country solos and ideas we will learn in this course to build your own solos and lead lines
- Technique drills to get your chops in shape and keep them polished.
- How to play and use "behind the nut" bends
- How to play open string "floating" licks and incorporate them into you playing
- The ability to interact with me in the comments sections of the members area to get any questions asked (I respond to ALL of these)
The lesson videos (which you can slow down to half speed) feature closeups of my picking and fretting hands.
You'll also have TABS for all the course lessons
All the tabs in this course come in printable and downloadable PDF forms so you won't miss a single note in the entire course
This program is for...
- Intermediate level guitar players looking to gain more advanced skills in country "chicken picking" guitar
- Advanced rock, blues, metal, jazz (really any genre) players who want a deep dive into country guitar
- Guitar players who have spent a lot of time on YouTube learning country guitar but still feel stuck
- People feeling frustrated with their current level of technique and are willing to put in the work to improve
This program is not for....
- Beginner guitar players
- People not willing to put in consistent practice
The Country Guitar Essentials program isn't going to bog you down with a lot of fancy sounding music theory or conceptual language that's way over your head
I wanted the lessons in this course to feel like your coming to my guitar studio for lessons each week (or day!)
I teach this course in a very accessible, laid back and straight to the point manner
The path is already traced, simplified and optimized for you. You only have to start and follow each step in front of you.
And because this process is so powerful, I can charge over $3000 to teach it to my one-on-one students.
All the knowledge contained in the Country Guitar Essentials Program would take at least 1 year of regular and dedicated private lessons to cover all the material.
At an average rate of $62.50$ per lesson (250$ monthly), even if you took only one private lesson each week for a year, it would add up to $3000.
But when I decided to package my system into a course that anyone could follow, at their own pace, I wanted to make it as accessible as possible.
No risk, 60-days money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
I’ve packed a lot into the Country Guitar Essentials course because not only do I want you to become the country guitar master that you deserve to be, but I want to guarantee that you don’t fail.
And to make it a no-brainer deal for you I’m giving you a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee with your purchase of the Country Guitar Essentials course today.
That’s right: Go through the course, follow the steps, put in the work, and if you don’t love it in the first 60 days of your purchase, send me an email and I’ll refund you immediately. No questions asked, no hard feelings.
If the Country Guitar Essentials course doesn’t work for you, I’d much prefer for you to take your money and invest it where you will be happier and get results. I just want you to unlock your country guitar playing potential.
So here's what your getting with the Country Guitar Essentials program
- The entire Country Guitar Essentials video course. More than 40 video lessons with 7 hours of content featuring my very best country guitar instructional material
- Downloadable and printable TABS in pdf form
- Access to me in the comments section of the members area of this course. (I respond to ALL of these)
Just think about it
For less than what most people pay for a monthly cell phone bill, you can learn hundreds of new ideas and unlock so many options on the guitar
Wouldn't it be worth it to make a small investment in your playing that will pay off in so, so many ways?
As guitar players, we are used to spending thousands & thousands of dollars on equipment over the years (guitars, pedals, amps, speakers, software, studio gear, cables, strings...), and sometimes we forget about investing to actually become better at playing guitar!
The Country Guitar Essentials course is the perfect occasion for you to expand your knowledge & your abilities on the instrument, so you can finally reach country guitar mastery.
Imagine a year from today...
Imagine a year from today when you’ll be knowing and mastering a wealth of country licks, techniques, solos and ideas. Your friends will be impressed and you’ll be very confident about your guitar playing.
Imagine sitting down and having more ideas than ever to come up with your own leads, and solos thanks to the abundance of knowledge you've acquired
If you don’t act, everything is going to stay the same. You will play the same scales, licks and patterns with the same level of technique and you will feel stuck and uninspired.
It doesn’t have to be this way!
You can do this - Country Guitar doesn't have to be impossible to learn. Let me simplify it for you. I’m proof that it’s possible and I’m here to coach you every step of the way and make your life easier!